The ball mill
is the main grinding equipment in the grinding equipment that can perform both dry grinding and wet grinding. Some users will ask, is the ball mill wet grinding effect better? Clirik explains it for you.
In fact, the ball mill
wet process grinding is better, which is mainly due to the role of water grinding, mainly in the following points:
1. It is easier to break. As a result of the reversible reaction between the unsaturated bond on the surface of the ceramic raw material particles and the water molecules, the formation and expansion of cracks in the ceramic raw material particles are easily pulverized by ball milling.
2. Fine particle materials are easier to pulverize. The fine-grained material is in a suspended state in the water, and has a small buffering effect on the fine grinding of the ball mill, that is, the effect of excessive fine crushing is small, which is beneficial to the ball-milling of the material.
3. The ball milling time is shorter. The water can reduce the probability that the ball stone is adhered by the material to be ground, improves the grinding speed of the ball mill ball stone, shortens the ball milling time of the material, and has higher efficiency than the dry ball milling.
4. The slurry is more uniform. Under the wet process, the ball mill can force the inert material to mix with the plastic material evenly. Although the time is short, it can still obtain the uniform composition of the slurry, and the particles of the slurry are mainly round particles instead of flakes. Granules facilitate the rapid flow of the slurry.
5. The impact on the inner liner of the cylinder is smaller. The wet ball mill usually runs at a critical speed of 60%, which weakens the impact collision of the ball stone on the inner liner of the cylinder, and the damage of the inner liner of the ball mill cylinder is small.
6. Particularly suitable for the preparation of ceramic glaze.